Monday, February 25, 2013

Baby Blue

My first finished sweater of 2013 is just that - finished.  I call it Baby Blue.  Nothing subtle about me.



Pattern:  From Need A Baby Cardigan?, it is the basic pattern with  the Broken Rib border option.
 
 I know now that a fancy border pattern in the bright, busy yarn was effort wasted because it doesn't show.  Oh well.
Yarn:  Wicked by King Cole.  Wicked as in 'wicked cool', I'm sure.
Needles: 4mm throughout.
Modifications:   None.

I knit the 3 button option and bought the  'purrfect' buttons at Purrsonally Yours yarn store in Meaford.  I was mistakenly searching for red buttons as my eyes had convinced me that the  fuchsia  bits were red.  Shop owner Isabel pulled out these 3 yellow ones and I said "Perfect."  She said "Easy sale."



A quick knit  that hits the spot when we are almost at the third month of the year and I had not finished  one sweater.  Into my very empty box of baby knits, onto my ravelry project's page and my blog list of FOs 2013  it goes.  Feels  good.

4 comments:

Yarn and Ivories said...

Border not wasted! It looks fancy! It's a beauty!

Needles said...

Perfect right down to the bright buttons.

Crazy Knitting Fool said...

It is a very sweet sweater.

Deb @ cabinfever said...

Looks terrific Brenda. The buttons really make it pop. Lovely choice of yarn. Congrats on your first 2013 Finished Sweater. I wish I could say the same!