Friday, January 11, 2013

Looky, Looky

Look at what came off my knitting machine needles this week.
 
The cutest little slippers.  Called Summer Moccasins, they are  not the thickest or  warmest slippers I have ever knit, but instead, a good purse slipper or a little something to slip on for a chilly, summer morning.

In the late fall I purchased Diana Sullivan's DVD and How To Book called  
Footnotes - Goodies For Happy Feet.  It contains several patterns, in several sizes, for machine knit slippers/sock. 

Yesterday was the first I have had the time to work on a pair.  Although my goal is to eventually make the lined, no-sew slippers, I found them a bit beyond my machine skills. 

My second attempt was the very easy Summer Moccasin. 


Quick and cute.

 I have a bit of a rolling top at the back of the slipper,  but think I can correct that with a few decreases as the I Cord is applied. 

Yes, that would be attached, machine-knit, I Cord!  Thanks for asking, I did indeed master that.

Thanks, Diana for a great pattern that even a neophyte like me can follow.

2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Oooo new techniques! How fun and satisfying!

Jan said...

I love the slippers. They are adorable.