Friday, November 2, 2012

Red Infinity Combo

With 341 yards of yarn on the ball of Marble Chunky used for my Red Infinity Scarf, there was enough left, after finishing the scarf,  to knit a hat.
 
 Pattern:  My Own
Yarn:  James Brett Marble Chunky.  One Ball
Needles 6.5mm - A half size bigger than recommended on the ball band.

 Some time ago, I  downloaded a top-down hat recipe from ravelry, called  Lifestyle Top Down Hats, No Swatch Needed by Charisa Martin Cairn.    The frustrating experience of dealing with multiple, double-pointed needles on a very few number of stitches has made me shy away from knitting top-down hats.  But Charisa suggests casting on with 2 circs.  What a great idea.  It works like a charm. 

From there, I simply copied the stitch patterns of stockinet, reverse stockinet and K2, P2 used in the scarf.  In no time, this chunky hat was finished.


When knitting a scarf 'lengthwise' one is never sure - unless your math is much better than mine - of the finished length of the scarf.  And so it was with the Red Infinity.  I cast on 200 stitches hoping to achieve the navel-grazing length noticed on the Toronto fashionistas.  Instead,  my infinity grazes a totally different body part.  Not one I am willing to name here for risk of recceiving off-colour spam messages.  See for yourself.

Nonetheless, it looks great wrapped twice around the neck.

Now, IMHO,  I have the perfect, young-lady gift for our family Christmas swap. 
 

1 comment:

Jan said...

They look great Brenda.