Thursday, July 30, 2015

Trailer Knitting

Being away just over three weeks didn't allow for my normal summer knitting production levels :)  But I did manage to finish up one already-on-the-go project and knit a sweater.  Today's post shows the on-the-go project.

This little summer wrap was knit with Opium, a cotton/acrylic blend from King Cole.  It has a wonderful, thick 'n thin quality to it that requires no complicated knitting to make it look great.  The yarn does all the work.  My kind of lazy knitting. 

The pattern, First date, a Drops freebie,
 
 was a no thinker too.  Doubly perfect for summer knitting.

I used an 8 mm needle and knit as directed.  My version doesn't  have the buttons yet,  but I did do the buttonholes. 

 
See them?  Just barely.  With this thick 'n thin yarn, I wonder if they were absolutely necessary.  The stitches themselves would probably stretch to accommodate the buttons.  Or easier still, decorative buttons with no button holes.  The wrap would easily slip over my head


Mine isn't quite as long as the one shown on the pattern, as I am less tall than most models.  And mine seems to have tremendous stretch.  Without a constraining crochet row across the top - which I have yet to add - I am afraid that while  it might be a wrap in the morning, 
 by later in the day it will most likely be a skirt.  Some post-knitting fixes required here I think.

1 comment:

pattie in Geneseo said...

Nice knitting, pretty color.
Hope all goes as planned for your hubby. Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery.
Nice to see your blog active.