Monday, March 16, 2015

Patchwork Missed Me

I did take my Patchwork
sweater to Hawaii.  Day one, during the long, ten-hour flight, I did knit.  Then the poor thing was stuffed into a bag and never saw any Hawaiian scenery at all.  The flight home started at 11pm.  The plane was dark and I was tired, so no knitting on that trip.
Back in the groove now - or at least getting there- and Patchwork and I have shared some time together.

Both the back and the front are now complete and shoulders sewn together with a three needle bind off.






Ends are still trailing,

but I've learned to sew in ends last.  Too often when I've sewn them in before completion, I end up trying to find those darn tails in order to remove them for a re-knit.

These pieces need to be blocked but I am waiting for Fred to finish his latest puzzle.  He has confiscated my blocking board for his puzzle pastime.  That means I must schedule blocking between puzzles.  Sensing spring in the air though,  I am hopeful he will give up the puzzling soon.

Patchwork, you may remember, is knit with two strands of Knit Picks Palette.   It is my first time using Knit Picks yarn and I am interested to see the knit-life of this economy wool.  Tomorrow, on to the sleeves.


No comments: