Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fall, Routine, Knitting

For me, with fall, comes routine and routine means knitting.  The answer to "What's on your needles, Brenda? is this.
Started on the trip home from the trailer and despite  canning activities taking time from my knitting, nonetheless, progressing nicely.

This is a top-down, summer cardigan.  The pattern, Raddichio, is a ravelry  freebie. 
 

The yarn,  I purchased in Baltimore this spring while at the Marylalnd Sheep & Wool Festival. 

It is a cotton/wool combo
 
with the wool portion coming from the sheep at  the Cestari  farm.  Cotton with a bit of wool, I always feel is a  great combo.  Cotton for the cool, breathability it offers for summer.  A bit of wool to help the cotton hold its shape.  Perfect.

At the moment, with the  lace yoke complete, it is a no-brainer of a knit.  That works perfectly for a carry-along, or an in-between jobs kind of project.  Right now, I am about 6 inches below the great divide of sleeves from body.  I have inserted two rows of  shaping so far and am headed for the waist.

There are a couple of unique features I have included in this sweater.  Features,  new-to-me until last Wednesday evening when I attended a trunk show where Deb Gemmell, introduced her latest book - Need A Circular Yoke?.   Deb's technical genius was at work again when she wrote this book.  New and improved bust shaping and  a new-to-me way to short row are just two of the 'A-HA' items for me in Deb's new book.

Consider this a 'trailer'.  I'll tell you all about those new techniques tomorrow.




1 comment:

Deb @ cabinfever said...

It was great to see you at the trunk show. Hope to see the new bust shaping in your new sweater, which looks very interesting.