Friday, June 20, 2014

198 Yards Of Heaven

During the Olympics, one of my Knitters With Balls attempted to knit 198 Yards Of Heaven.  It was to be her first lace project. It defeated her.

And me too from the vantage point of looking over her shoulder. Post Olympics, I tried my own 198 Yards Of Heaven and was almost defeated a second time. Like many things though, I have discovered if I re-write the information in my own words it makes more sense to me.  And so - I re-wrote 198 Yards and finished the scarf.

When I blogged about it, I offered my notes to anyone who might want them.  Half a dozen knitters have emailed to ask for the notes.  Last night, one of those knitters, Denise, emailed to say she had finished her 198 Yards and she enclosed this great photo.


It looks lovely, Denise. Glad I was able to help.

2 comments:

pattie in Geneseo said...

Hi, Brenda,
I made that pattern, too, a few years ago. I agree it was written funny, and seems like the chart was odd, too? Or no chart? I cannot remember. I called mine 3oo yards, I think, I did more rows.
That one is pretty!

Brendaknits said...

I did more rows too, Patti, as I used fingering weight yarn instead of the worsted called for, so it made a much smaller scarf. I always feel like such an out-of-sync knitter when I struggle with the pattern but check ravelry to find comments like "such an easy pattern".