Friday, May 9, 2014

A Box Of Greens

Nicki, yesterday at knit group, plunked a re-cycled, salad-greens box in front of me and said "These are for you.  They are your colours."

Her husband, a few years ago, had purchased  a Knit Picks Palette kit for her  as a Christmas gift.  She knit the project and had these left over.  All my colours.  Being spring, the time of year for divesting oneself of excess,  she gathered these up, put them in the plastic container and gave them to me.  I am one lucky girl.

Such beautiful colours.   I am torn between wanting to knit them right away and   letting them sit on the coffee table as a priceless work of art.  I think I will do a bit of both.  They can sit there all summer as a feast for my autumn-loving eyes, then come fall I will turn them into a great sweater.  That gives a few months for the design to percolate.

Sure gives a whole new meaning to 'a box of greens.'  Thanks so much Nicki.

3 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Yum!

ES said...

The yellows look fab!

Brendaknits said...

The colours are perfect for me. Yum, Fab, you name it . I love them.