Friday, November 1, 2013

Unfinished Business

November 1.  It is  'wear-my-newly-knit-Autumn Fair-coat-for-first-time' day.  But does this look finished to you?

 
Perhaps only if you are like the missing-limbed, costumed Haloweeners who came to my door last night.

Not only is it not finished, it is  not even blocked.  The back, two sleeves and 90% of one front, complete.  A second front and all trims yet to do.

Autumn Fair is coat length.  That will make it, I think,  too warm to wear as a sweater.  It might be one of those knits that upon completion is immediately put away for next season.  It won't be my first to experience that fate.  At this stage, the knitting  has become a bit tiresome.  The tiresome stage is when I give  myself strict orders.  'You cannot go out to play until you knit 10 rows' kind of strict orders.  Being a woman of no self discipline, sometimes I have to do that

With the wet, rainy weather and  minimal, non-knitting, time  commitments over the next few days, it should be a great knitting weekend.  I hope the same for you.

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

I hope the same for me too!I've got to "break the back" of the front of my current sweater if I'm to hit my next target - "fitting" day when hubby comes home (briefly)so the bigger target of done by December happens.

Here's to both of us this weekend!