Friday, November 29, 2013

Multiple Minions Man My Manoir

Sorry, couldn't resist that alliteration.

My Minions are done.  Two hats that will either be received with delightful squeals or a great rolling of the eyes.  At ages 11 and 13, I expect the latter.  But no matter. I had fun  knitting them and if the grand kids don't like them I am sure they know some little person who will.

Minon Hats. 


Pattern:  Minion Hats by Lauren Irving
Yarn:  Cascade 220 Superwash DK
Needles: 3.75mm
Mods:  Lauren's pattern is for KW weight yarn but I used DK.  So I simply adjusted the number of stitches to cast on by referring to my hat pattern encyclopedia and then followed Lauren's pattern.
Lauren also had the eye done in half double crochet stitches and I found them too large.  I created mine using single crochet.

I know a Mother  knitter is not supposed to have favourites but I like Mr Two Eyes best.  

Have a fun weekend everyone.  Happy Black Friday shopping to all those who are so inclined.  Instead, Fred and I will be attending the tree lighting celebration in Clarksburg - Thornbury's  twin town  on the banks of the  Beaver River.  Free hot turkey sandwiches for dinner.  Fred likes free.


2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

So fun!

I don't do Black Friday - I can't understand the notion of standing in line to give someone my money!

Have a great weekend!

Jan said...

They both look awesome. Stay warm out there.