Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hats Again

Hats are on the horizon here still.  Hats were not part of my scheduled knitting plans - I have sweaters a-plenty I plan to knit.   But the leftover Noro was good enough reason to knit the Ziggley Zag hat.  Then I caught sight of these little guys on ravelry.



Another free pattern - designers are so generous aren't they? I had seen a young fellow wearing one of these hats the day I attended the Woodstock Fleece Festival.  Wearing the hat and grinning from ear to ear, I should add.   When I spotted the free pattern I wondered if I could elicit that same grin from my Grand Kids.  It is worth a try.

First, though I had to educate myself a bit.  What the heck is a Minion?    To truly appreciate them, I  suspect you need to be of a certain age - and certainly not my age - but you can look here to see them.

Hat number one is ready for the black stripe.  
 
 These hats are fun to knit - and the decorating should be super fun.  Once I have  two Minion Hats complete, then I will return to my sweater knitting.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Oh I have to disagree with you my friend. I love love love Minions! Maybe it's because I have watched both movies with my granddaughter. Despicable Me 2 was my first 3D movie LOL

I made a minion hat for a friend's niece last year but had to make up my own pattern. Even dyed the yarn with food colouring to get the right yellow :)

LynS said...

Thanks for the link to the pattern. Travelling with my 6 year old grand-daughter, I too have just discovered minions, and now they seem to be everywhere - even in local markets in Oaxaca.