Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thursdays Are For knit Group

"These are a few of my favourite things' - warm sunny fall weather and knitting.  Today I had both.  Some of the knitting I saw today was sunny too.

Look at Sandy  B's shawl.
 
Sandy purchased the yarn, which came with a free pattern,  at the Kitchener Knitters Fair   in mid September.  Bright, cheerful  colours and yarn with silk content makes for a lovely shawl. I look great with green or yellow against my face, Sandy.  You know - in case it doesn't suit you.

Sandy wasn't the  only knitter with great colours on the needles.  Carol is explaining to Sharon how she is using some leftover Nnoro to place  abright patch of colour in the centre of this sweater.
 
This, in my opinion, is the perfect use of a special yarn.  To my way of thinking,   fabulous yarns   are best  showcased in small amounts.  Even special can lose it's appeal when there is too much of it.

Gail's lovely diagonal scarf  intrigues Nikki. There was a time a few years ago when our group knit many  diagonal scarves.  Gail is reviving the trend.


 
 When knitters start knitting scarves - can cold weather be far behind?  

Nikki knit the cutest baby hat. Sock yarn with an I Cord knot on top.  Lucky baby.

 

My week has been filled with lots of  knitterly time and events.  Our great wool & wine tour yesterday and knit group today.  Definitely my favourite things.


1 comment:

Jan said...

I love seeing all the beautiful projects.