Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Can I Knit Fast Enough

Autumn, by the calendar, lasts until December 21.  By the weather, not nearly so long.  That is why I have promised myself that my Autumn Fair will be finished in October.

This coat is 30 inches long.  Knitting 3 inches per day it will take me 10 days to finish the back.  Then it's on to the fronts. Another 30 inches, another ten days.   The sleeves are already done, so just the collar and trimming to do after the twenty days. 

While 3 inches seems do-able in theory, in reality - take a look at my four days of knitting.

 Doesn't look like the correct answer to how much is three fours.  At all.

I am not sure I can knit fast enough.  I've decided to keep my fingers crossed for a nice, warm November.

2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Well I don't think you'll be able to get any knitting done ever with your your fingers crossed! Better re think that! LOL

Jan said...

Even when my wrist worked I don't think I could have knit 3" per day. However long it takes it will be gorgeous!