Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spring Cleaning

It must be spring.  I am in the 'get rid of it' mood that strikes me from year to year.  This time it is the printed word in my yarn room.

I have  had knitting magazines galore.  Some   date back a decade or more.  Some  have great patterns in them.  But I had to speak sternly to myself to say  " If you haven't knit that garment in the last ten years, what are the chances of knitting it in the next ten?"  

Add to that the fact that ravelry and other Internet options are  now  my  primary  and favourite source of pattern inspiration, and it was definitely time to divest myself of my magazines.  There were a few issues that made the cut and a few  individual patterns that I saved.  But for the most part -  gone! 
I will offer the discards to knitters I know and what they don't take will be donated to the local second-hand store.  Someone, I'm sure, will be happy to have them, and  I am happy to have cleared my shelves.

3 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Purging! Love it!

freshisle said...

Good for you! I have boxes and boxes that I really should find a new home for, too.

Sandra said...

I've got to do that. I have patterns form the eighties, that really, I'm never (NEVER!) going to use. Oversized, giant shouldered intarsia Cosby-esque sweaters. They weren't attractive then, and they aren't now...