Wednesday, October 24, 2012

New Baby

I live in what urban planners might call an 'established neighbourhood'.  In everyday speak that  means most of us on the courtyard are well beyond child-bearing age. 

But a couple of years ago, a younger, newly-married couple moved in.  Last week they had their first child.  A little girl, born 7 lbs 14 oz, named Lillian Grace. 

Luckily for me, I had some baby knits resting on my shelf.
  
 From 2010,  my year of knitting with Elizabeth Zimmermann, there was  the February Baby Sweater along with  EZ's   Bonnet and Booties, just waiting for a feminine new-born.  Our new neighbourhood baby with her beautiful name will get these in the next day or so. 

Patterns for the  Bonnet and Booties  came from The Opinionated Knitter or Newsletter #22 if you were an early collector. The February Baby Sweater pattern came from The Knitters Almanac.  Knit with Paton's Astra.

Small and delicate, just like a new born. I am sure Lillian Grace will be beautiful in them.







2 comments:

Sandra said...

I love surprising people with baby knits - what a lovely way to welcome Lillian Grace!

Needles said...

Welcome Lillian Grace. So sweet.