Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursdays Are For Knit Group

 A real treat for us today.  Sandy brought her sister Sue's (feltedwoolies on ravelry)  Ishbel to knit group.
 
 Ishbel, a beautiful, Ysolda Teaque design made even more beautiful with the Twisted Fiber Arts  50/50 Merino and Silk 'Muse' that Sue used.  Sandy brought along a bit of a skein in my colours -down in the  lower right of the picture -  trying to convince me that I should knit this shawl.    Not much of a shawl wearer, I resisted.  But once home and gawking at the shawl  on ravelry, I wonder if maybe Ishbel is a shawl I might wear.

Poor Carol.  Her Whisper Cardigan was giving her grief today.
She was just at the point of the 'afterthought' sleeves where she learned how difficult mohair can be to rip back. 

Gloria has started another 'doll' - Emily  - by Jean Greenhowe.
 
I love the colour, Gloria and my vote is that  your yarn is green.  Just like the picture.  Ever so cute.

Nicki is on  her last, gorgeous,  sock yarn square.


 Now comes the task of laying them out so as to offer the greatest appeal, then sewing them all together.  A couple of years back, someone asked Nicki if the squares took a long time to knit considering that the yarn is so fine.  Her answer still makes me chuckle.
 "Well, yea.  I have to knit the socks first."

Speaking of squares, Sandy loves her mitred square projects.

Take some sock yarn and some Koigu - leftovers all - add in one patient knitter and you get a beautiful baby blanket. Someday.

Today was my last knit group until late summer.  We are on our way to the trailer in Hearst early next week, where Thursdays will be for swimming or fishing or boating or hangin' out with grand kids.   Fun, but not the same.

1 comment:

LynS said...

Ohh - I'd forgotten about your annual summer migration. Enjoy yourself. Does your knitting group continue in your absence?