Monday, April 2, 2012

Knitfest Spring

Friday, there was no blog post because I was busy doing this.  Baking.
 I had offered to do morning snacks for Knitfest Spring.   Karen from Grey Heron was hosting  her second Knitfest and what a huge success!  Teachers/knitters/designers extraordinaire,  Kate Atherly and Glenna C  each offered two workshops. 

Knitters  chose a morning and afternoon workshop from Kate and Glenna's great line up:  Expert Tips, Lace work,



 Colourwork,

and Entrelac


My friend Doreen, seen here,  learns Entrelac  - fulfilling a wish from  her 'bucket list'.  

Some lucky knitters provided modeling services for  Glenna's beautiful shawls.




Held in the historic Ravenna Hall, in the heart of the picturesque Beaver Valley, twenty knitters from near and not so near had a wonderful,  knitterly day, learned lots of knitterly things, met some new knitting friends, purchased some must-have knitting supplies and enjoyed some very good food.  Thanks Chef Jim.  Some lucky  yarn-store owner has  a husband with far-ranging talents.


It was a great day.  Can't wait for Knitfest Three.

1 comment:

Yarn and Ivories said...

Dang... I need to spend some time in Beaver Valley!
Your first picture reminded me that it's almost noon, I just finished blocking a sweater, and I skipped breakfast! The sacrifices we make... LOL
Where's my hub? He's not in the kitchen!