Monday, November 28, 2011

Toss The Crochet

Looking at my crocheted, left-torquing scarf, I agree with Denise of Needles and Things.  She commented that she sees Linen Stitch.  And so do I. 
 
In fact, when I first spotted the scarf at the KW Knitters Fair, I saw the crocheted facsimile of Linen Stitch.  Knowing that  crochet works up  much faster than knitting I purchased the pattern.  Hah!  The best laid plans ...

The pattern has now been  relegated to the garbage and this  pattern downloaded from ravelry.     Attempt number  two coming up.

2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

I have dallied with the linen stitch scarf and a bunch of leftovers too! Mine never made it past the massive end to end cast on.

Can't wait to see how yours turns out You've got more stick-to-it-iveness than I!

Needles said...

I know a secret. Knit it in the round. Use plain old stockinette for the section which will eventually be the fringe. Then all you have to do is make sure that you are always slipping the stitch that was knit on the last round. Yarn is always forward, IIRC, the patern wil say, but whatever you do in the first round is repeated over and over again, just alternating the slip from the row below.

I did not come up with this idea, but I know a lady who did and she is a genius. Or so I keep telling her.