Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Once I Get There, I'm FIne.

In my old age, I seem to have developed a resistance to change.  (I guess it's really true what they say about becoming like your spouse over the years.)  Before leaving for Hearst and the trailer each summer, I think of  many reasons to resist going.  I whine and complain. I stare longingly at my Clematis, knowing it will flower in my absence.  I think fondly of all the fun, home activities I'll miss:  Knit group.  Hiking the Bruce Trail.  Swimming at the harbour here in town.

Once there, I'm fine. It's the transition I don't like.  Now that I'm home, I suffer the same resistance in reverse.  I know - there's no pleasing me.  I think Fred has said that a time or two.  But today, I'm melancholy about the summer being over - MY summer being over.  It started when I downloaded  a summer's worth of photos to the computer. 

Take a look.  From hair cuts to Root Beer floats to friends and knitting, it was a great summer.













1 comment:

Yarn and Ivories said...

It's nice to look back! I'm not sure where all of "your" places are, but they sound lovely!