Tuesday, August 9, 2011

For Danny And His Mom

Often, I am surprised to learn who reads my blog.    Take Danny's Mom for instance.    Who you ask?  Danny's mom.

 Danny, a Hearst 'boy' works at Ruby's Wool/Tool store.  

 I met Danny the first time I went in search of a fellow knitter in Hearst.    I had been told that 'Ruby' loved to knit and had confiscated a corner of the Tool Store for yarn.  My kind of woman. I had to search her out.    That particular  day, Ruby wasn't in, but this friendly, helpful guy - Danny - spoke to me and helped me out.  I left my card, and along the way, Danny must have mentioned my blog to his Mom.

Now, each summer when I go into the store, Danny mentions to me that his Mom reads my blog.  Religiously is the word Danny  uses. Danny tells me his Mom is NOT a knitter (a situation that is not too late to change, Danny's Mom) but that she reads the blog because she enjoys my writing style.  Quite a compliment.  Thanks,  Danny's Mom.

So today's post is for Danny and his Mom.

You raised a great boy, Danny's Mom.  He is always polite and helpful - and not to embarrass you Danny,  but single too -  I do imagine that when he began his career at the tool store, he never expected to be selling yarn.  But he has made the transition gracefully and is unfailingly helpful and patient.

Of course he is a man of many talents.  Not only is he great  with yarn sales but it was Danny who  introduced me to the absolute best cleaner in the world.

 Oops!  Did I just give a commercial endorsement on this blog?  Only for you Danny.

Danny's Mom, I am sure you know  what a treasure you have in Danny, but now, the rest of the blog world knows too.  As always, thanks for reading.

5 comments:

LaurieM said...

Sweet.

Does Danny's mom crochet?

Stephanie said...

:) That's a great story.

Needles said...

List of places I want to travel too:

-The Smithsonian
The Victoria and Albert Museum
L'Anse aux Meadows
The Hebrides and Shetland Islands
Ruby's Wool/Tool Store.

Yarn and Ivories said...

ROAD TRIP!! Love that combination... the crazy places you find wool... In Norway, too, you find yarns everywhere. Thanks for the story and endorsement! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda! This is Mary, Danny's mom. I was really happy & surprised to see the blog you wrote. As you must of heard, I totally enjoy your writing even though I'm not a knitter myself. Thanks for the nice compliments about my son; I agree with everything you wrote. Will keep on reading your blog religiously!