Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursdays Are For Knit Group

Knit group, today, was a fashion show.  First, Wilma and Joanne, wearing the same sweater.
 
Joanne's knit by her daughter, Wilma's knit by Wilma.  Sorry 'bout your luck, Wilma.

Joanne was disgusted by the model's pose.
 
"How can you tell what this sweater will look like with that pose?" she asked.  She tried hard to duplicate the pose and almost got it.




New Nan brought in her 'Molly' for me to try.   Talk about a silly pose!    I appear to be  trying to skate off  with your scarf, Nan. 
I saw Nan's Molly  on ravelry and asked about the yarn and pattern.  She knit this one  with  Tanis Fibres.  It's glorious.  Long, soft and warm.  Queue that up, Brenda.

Gail finished a neat, sock-yarn hat  - with an I-Cord, top knot.  Very cute, Gail.
 
 

And, Wilma finished a lovely, pink, baby sweater.  So soft and lovely.   It appears to be smocked but that's really a ribbing of sorts. 


Lots of knitting and fun.  To top off my day, on the way home, I stopped at the fruit market.  There I saw something wonderful.  



My  first quart of Ontario strawberries.  Yummy!  A perfect dessert to end a great day.







4 comments:

LynS said...

I love reading about your Thursday knitting group - they seem to be so productive and produce such a range of knitting.

Sandra said...

ontario berries already??? Gotta get me some!
Oh, and the knitting is wonderful too...

Sel and Poivre said...

I just got my first Ontario berries this afternoon too!

Stephanie said...

Those strawberries look amazing! Love the matching sweaters.