Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thursdays Are For Knit Group And My Survivor Review

A snowy day put all the Meaford knitters in the mood. The wool mood. Who doesn't want to wear hand knit woolies on a day like today?

Bonnie was the first I noticed to be surrounded by lots of wool. She has finished her first and almost her second Churchmouse Ruffled scarf.
Is there another word besides 'cute' to use here?

Then Doreen arrrived wearing lots of wool.
She looks pretty cozy in her great hat paired with her new scarf. This is a Sally Mellville's
'Shape It Scarf' ' from Book 1 - The Knit Stitch. Under the coat she was wearing my vest-

- the one I designed, knit, wore for a few years and which Doreen snatched when I had my 'great, sweater-give-away' last year. It looks good on you, Doreen and I'm glad it has a new home.

Sharon is working on another hat.
This one the Felted Bucket Hat by Bonnie Marie Burns. I think you've got lots of felting to do there, Sharon to make that one fit.

Wilma has been busy knitting this.
We weren't sure how it should be worn since there is not obvious opening for the head. Wilma had to demonstrate.
It's a shrug. The Americo Kayla Shrug to be exact. Wilma has her hands in the sleeves.

And I can't leave you without a look at an Ingrid Koigu piece. This is not new but deserves a look anyway.
Ingrid worries that it makes her look pregnant. Pregnant Grandmothers are not the rarity they once were, but I don't think I'd worry if I were you, Ingrid.

On to Survivor. HA! HA! HA! I knew Naonka was bonkers!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I've made that Churchmouse ruffled scarf a couple of times, and I love it - it looks great on.
And I can't believe Naonka and Kelly BOTH quit! They shouldn't be allowed to sit on the jury, as far as I'm concerned. Plus, they should have let Marty come back and play - he was DYING to...