Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Decorating The Hat

Look what arrived in my email box yesterday afternoon. Knitting daily sent a free pattern for the perfect flower to adorn Dorothy's hat. How lucky is that? I can't wait to try this flower.

However, with knitting time at a premium, considering I still have a sweater and a pair of Fisherman's mittens to finish before Friday, in the case of Dorothy's hat, the dollar store worked better. A Christmas bauble - reduced to 42 cents! - nothing too good for Dorothy:) - a bag of craft feathers and look at the result!

Dorothy will be the best 'hatted' Red Hatter.

4 comments:

Vera said...

That is a heck of a good looking hat! How about a picture with YOU wearing it?

Needles said...

That is gorgeous.

LaurieM said...

It looks smashing!! Great job.

Yarn and Ivories said...

I saw those knitted flowers and saved it too. No time now, but I've looked for something like that before. We'll see who gets to it first!
Thanks for a wonderful blog!