Monday, June 14, 2010

It's Been A Whirlwind

It has been a whirlwind of a week, which ended with - well more on that later.

Our B.C. buddies were here - and they turned out to be my hiking buddies.
We had a great visit with them and were sorry to see them go. When friends live so far away it is always sad to see them leave, not knowing when we might see each other again.

But Fred and I were on a tight schedule,practically pushing them out the door as we had to set off for a family get-together to celebrate my Dad's 90th birthday.

It was - at Dad's request - a family-only affair. Not many people, but lots of fun, laughs and good food. Dad is holding the cake, baked and decorated for him by Christie. You might remember that Marlene from knit group gave Christie and I a cake decorating lesson last year. Christie has done wonders with her new-found skills and is now the family cake baker/decorator.

Getting to Dad's requires a 3 hour drive each way, which, for me,the passenger, meant some knitting. A new pair of socks - a sample for the upcoming book.
Ribbed, striped, coloured heel and - soon - coloured toe.

As mentioned above, there was a frustrating end to the week. My computer is on the fritz. I can see my emails, but I cannot open them, read them, send them, get to my contacts list or do anything at all with email. All other internet applications are working and I hope stay that way. If you send me an email and I don't get back to you right away, it's because I am buried under the gobbeldy-gook that is computer speak, trying to fix gmail.

I would say 'back to routine' this week, but fixing my computer will be anything but what 'routine' might normally suggest. If anyone knows how to fix gmail, I'll put on the coffee, and offer encouraging words. All welcome.


5 comments:

Vera said...

Your Dad sure looks good! I guess there is hope for you too ☺
I hope your computer gets fixed soon. I got your email. Thanks.

Sel and Poivre said...

You and Fred remind me of us - there and back in one day. 'Sorry to hear the end of your week last week wasn't the best and I truly commiserate with you on the computer front!

Needles said...

It must be the season for such things. Our old computer died earlier this week. Son 2 is building a new one for us and will reuse the old hard drive in addition to the new drive. No loss of data!

May your problem be resolved asap. And a very Happy Birthday to your dad!

Zieknits said...

Happy Birthday, Brenda's Dad! Love your T-shirt.

Sorry for your computer woes, Brenda. I find technology a real love-hate relationship, for sure. Hope it's resolved simply, quickly and inexpensively.

Laurie said...

You Dad is quite the handsome fellow for 90, and I love his shirt. :-)