Friday, May 7, 2010

Flowers For Mothers Day

Being north of Ontario's 'big smoke' means gardens in my town, bloom later than Marie's.
But just in time for Mothers Day, I invite you to stroll through mine. Some Mothers Day flowers for you -a little pictorial gift.

First year for black tulips.

Blossoms on the Service Berry.

Tulips and Daffodils. Such beautiful colours for spring.

My Bleeding Heart - tucked into a corner, in the shade, on the north side of the house, finally blooms.

Finally, this blog comes to you courtesy of my Mothers Day gift from son #2. Each
year for Mothers Day he gives me the gift of the domain renewal. Thanks, Peter.

Happy Mothers Day to all daughters and Mothers. And, as always, thanks for reading.

6 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Wow you own your domain! I've never even thought of doing that!

Also "Wow" on the show of bulbs! I must remember to plant some daffs - they really are fabulous to have in the garden - as your collection clearly demonstrates!

Have a happy Mother's Day Weekend Brenda!

Zieknits said...

Happy Mother's Day (weekend), Brenda. Enjoy!

Beautiful flowers (aside: good to learn what blooms when, up there). Thanks for sharing them.

LaurieM said...

Happy Mother's day to you too Brenda! I love your flower garden.

Anne Campbell said...

Those flowers are fantastic! I particularly like the color of the salmon-y tulips. Happy Mother's Day, and happy spring.

Needles said...

Thank you for the flowers. I hope they cheer your day as much as they cheered mine! Happy Mothers Day.

Regarding the Liesl sweater. Its the best thing I have done because of the speed to be sure, but it is also a really good mix of pattern and yarn. The Cloud Cotton is marvelous to wear against your skin. The pattern is fantastic. A size for everyone, including me. There are choices of neckline, and sleeve length and sweater length enough for many different looks from one pattern. It was one of those projects that just works.

freshisle said...

I always love black tulips. So different.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!