Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursdays Are For Knit Group And Survivor

These are everywhere, I tell you.
From all appearances, a sweet little hand-knit doll. But! Appearances can be deceiving! Just lift that skirt and look what you see!
This one belongs to Gloria.

Pat brought 'Sandy Mctavish' to knit group today.
Wearing an exquisite kilt. Flat fronted,
pleated back.
What a tremendous amount of work Pat puts into her dolls..

Nicki showed off her first-ever hand spun yarn.
Done on a drop spindle. It is soft, lovely and very evenly/expertly spun. Sure wish pink was my colour, Nicki.

Bonnie used to be one of those self-less knitters. Always knitting for others, never for herself. Her first-ever, this-one's- for-me sweater was the lovely purple one she knit last fall. Today she was wearing 'for-me' sweater number two. A perfectly-fitting, navy, wool V neck.

Sandy B is back from Florida.

The knitterly highlight of her winter was meeting Ireland's Maggie Jackson. who was in Florida doing workshops.
Sandy is knitting this lovely piece from one of Maggi's books.
It is her first for-herself sweater in a black linen-cotton blend, minus the denim circles .

Now on to Survivor. The merge comes tonight. Will anyone ever discover Russell's manipulative manner?

Oh - darn it was cold today. Well, really, I mean - Yippee! Cold enough today to wear Waterloo.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

LOVE the bagpiper! I've never tried to knit dolls, but I saw a really cute pattern yesterday for a polar bear and, since I collect polar bears, I thought that might be a fun one to try.

It must have been so very satisfying to be wearing Waterloo after all this time. :-)

Sel and Poivre said...

It is really cold isn't it! We had frost over night.

That bagpiper's kilt is too cute!

freshisle said...

Her dolls are truly works of art. Spectacular.

Deb said...

I love the this-one's-for-me sweaters. Before our guild meetings, whoever wants to comes out for dinner. At one of the dinners Judith said "Look around the table, everyone here is wearing something knitted, isn't that amazing!". It was a lovely moment.