Friday, April 16, 2010

Almost

Once I received my wonderful gift of Knitters Almanac, there was no stopping the completion of Waterloo. Or the 98% complete, completion.

There are still buttons to be sewn on and tails to be woven in. In the meantime, take a look.


My lovely 'sew & cut' neckline with a row of garter stitch at both top and bottom of the 2x2 rib. The neckline lies very flat and has no 'lumpy', left-turning decreases as sometimes happens with conventional neckline shaping.



Elizabeth's "definitive ( I think) buttonhole. One row. " In my case - 2 stitches, not 3 as EZ"s instructs.

Found on page 80 - not page 72 as I thought - of Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitters Almanac.


After many weekends of false, finishing promises, this weekend - for sure - I think - I can promise you a completely finished Waterloo in Monday's post.

6 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

That is looking handsome indeed...especially with that rich green felt background!

Sandra said...

beautiful! It's amazing the difference the front and neck bands make to the sweater - really adds a nice finish. I especially like the garter row where he neckline joins the body.

Laurie said...

Woo-hoo...coming down to the wire! Glad you liked the namesake song - I remember my mother playing guitar and singing it when I was very young. Can't wait for the finished pictures!

Anonymous said...

Amazing how a few garter stitches can define that neckline so nicely.
Well done, Brenda, it's gorgeous!

Gina C.

freshisle said...

It just gets better and better.

Zieknits said...

Oh, it's just beautiful. What an accomplishment. Well done, you!

Can't wait to see pics of you modeling the very, very finished cardi!