Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cut Short

Cut short is a good way to explain 'How To Knit Fingerless Mitts'. Simply use a mitten pattern but - cut them short.

That's exactly what I did to make these little, slightly-felted guys.

Knit with the 'non-itchy' wool I purchased at the Knitters Fair, I used a pattern for chunky-weight mittens. Then simply - cut them short. Both the thumbs and the palms.

Fingerless mitts come under the category of 'less is more'. Less mitten, more function. Especially for the university crowd. In a cool lecture hall, they can still text or type. Racing for the subway, they can reach for the token. At the pub - well, you know.

Another thing that has been cut short is our lovely late summer/early fall weather. I have gone from capris, little, knittted summer tops and bare feet in flip flops to "What the heck will I wear to work today?"

Cut short. It works well on some things. But not my wardrobe - or my opinion of the weather for that matter.

2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

I'm on my way out the door with a wool coat on! Gotta love Canadian weather!

Nicki said...

Yeah!!! Shopping time!!!