Friday, May 1, 2009

Spring Cleaning - Knitter Style

It's that time of year.
The season to shake off the dust and cobwebs of winter. Some people wash walls, scrub floors, polish silver, and windows. Me, I do this.

I sort my winter sweaters.


Then I wash them. My soap of choice is Eucalan - the no-rinse, wool wash.
Following the wash, comes the lengthy drying process. Sweaters laid flat on a towel on the bed, don't dry quickly.

This year, though, I came across a quick-dry method. Place the sweaters in the dryer - no heat - for 20 minutes. It works great. The dryer takes out the dripping moisture, encouraging them to dry much more quickly. But with no heat, the sweaters don't felt.

Einstein Coat

Ramswool Vest

Two down, countless to go.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh...you are too good!