Monday, February 23, 2009

Spring Break

One day last week, the sun was shining, the temperature was on the warm side and the air smelled of spring.

The spring-like day reminded me that I have a new spring coat. One that I purchased off season and on sale. I thought, 'Wouldn't that new coat look great with a scarf done in lively, spring colours?'

I gathered up some stash yarns in spring colours and using the same method as the Easy Peasy Wraps , made this little number.
Long and skinny. Self-fringing. Using about 7 colours.

Indeed, it does brighten up the coat. I can wear it long- just under the collar and around the neck.


Or, as is so fashionable this year, in the 'fold-in-half-and-through-the loop' style.

Either way, the scarf looks good. And knitting it was a great mid-February, spring-break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like your colour combo.