Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Late Post

I like to write blog posts early in the day. For me, that is the part of the day when I still have some working, grey matter.

But today, I had to wait until I awoke from my coma. My hike-induced coma.

I hike much less frequently than a few years ago, but today's hike took place close to home and was advertised as being about two-and-a-half hours in length. Great. Perfect. Not too much driving, and I could be home by early afternoon to work on Diagonal. Today's knitting goal was to finish the right front - the last major piece - and get it blocked.

BUT. Those two-and-a-half hours turned into four-and-a-half hours. We walked and walked and walked. Whoever measured off that hike needs new equipment. And I'd like to meet the sadist that decided it would be fun to have the trail go up and down the escarpment about twenty times every couple of kilometres.

By the time I got home, I could barely walk. Stairs were impossible. How much do those home elevators cost? I have been in a hike-induced stupor ever since. The right front is finished. Though blocking will wait 'til tomorrow.




-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was this a club hike??? Are you sure you followed the map?! Glad you made it back alright.