Monday, September 22, 2008

My New Book

Look what I bought! Wendy Bernard's 'Custom Knits'.
I read about the book on the 'net' and the review was so lavish in it's praise, that I immediately sent off to Amazon.ca for my copy.

It is a wonderful book. Here are a couple of my favourite patterns.

Each pattern in the book comes with a section on modifications. The modifications are extensive and mean the knitter could really make the sweater her own. At the back of the book there is a great 'how-to' section on design. Great value for the $18. I paid.

The photography is fun. Wendy lives in California and you can see that west coast influence in the pictures. They are fun and a little risque. Not so much as to make them distasteful, just enough to bring hand knit sweaters into this century.
Like this one.
My list of 'what I will knit next' is now longer than ever.

No comments: