Friday, August 29, 2008

Up Next

Up next, is this luscious sweater, Loden Mist, from Knitters

This sweater has been on my list for quite some time. The magazine is from Spring 2007 and the yarn - exactly the yarn called for, by the way -
was purchased at the KW Knitters Fair, September /07. Since we are only a couple of weeks from this year's fair, I think it' time I got started.

But whatever attracted me to this sweater? Certainly not the lace-weight yarn. Lace-weight and I don't get along well. ( And by the way, I would like to know why it is called lace-weight, when it should be called cobweb-thin weight). Certainly not the lace pattern. I don't get along well with lace patterns either.

I cast on for the sleeve gauge swatch the other night and after three hours, four re-starts and two needle changes - not for sizing, but just to find a needle that would keep the slippery lace-weight stitches from dropping off - I have an inch of knitting.

At this rate, it will be - oh heck! - I can't even imagine what year it will be when I finish. This will be one time, I have to have multiple projects on the go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I have the pattern to this sweater as well. In fact, it is the reason I bought the issue. I can hardly wait to see it! I love the colour of the yarn. If you think the harmony wood needles would help you; let me know, I'm sure I'll have the size you'll need.

Anonymous said...

That looks like the perfect yarn for that lovely sweater.
It's okay to have more than one project on the go, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I'm eager to see your sweater. That pattern's been on my list for a while too. It's actually out on my coffee table right now. I have some of the yarn but I started knitting it into a scarf/stole from Victorian Lace Today. It's on hold while I decide what to do.