Friday, March 21, 2008

There's A New Man In My LIfe

Yep. Sorry Fred. I know. It's been almost 42 years, but this one does windows.

There he is, in my kitchen. 'Star window-worker' from Northern Glass in Collingwood. We had 5 new windows installed this week.

These guy wrote the book on 'how to do business right.'

They were referred to us by friends, so that helps. But when we called, they were polite and professional on the phone. They set a time to come and measure our windows that was convenient for us. And then, THEY CAME WHEN THEY SAID THEY WOULD!!!

They said the quote would take 48 hours and sure enough, 48 hours after they measured another nice man called to make an appointment to come talk to us. And, HE CAME WHEN HE SAID HE WOULD!!!!

The quote was reasonable. He said the windows would arrive in about a month. And, THE WINDOWS CAME WHEN HE SAID THEY WOULD!!!!

They called and set a convenient time for installation. And, THEY CAME WHEN THEY SAID THEY WOULD!!!! They brought with them, their little, hand-held, sweepy thing with a dust pan. Everywhere they went in the house, they swept up behind themselves. They were friendly, polite and respectful of our home. And the last thing they did before they left? THEY CLEANED THE WINDOWS!!
Yahoo!!! Can it get any better than that? Seriously folks. If you live in this area and need new windows, I would highly recommend these guys.
Oh - the other company we called to get a second quote? You know. Everyone says you should call more than one company. They haven't called back yet.

The "what's next" decision for my next knitting project? Mike's Hat.


Duty calls. Not to mention that 'cute' local meteorologist says the weather for the next month will be more winter-like than spring-like. But shall it be top-down or bottom-up? I think this one I will do bottom-up. Working in 4 x 2 ribbing might be a bit too much for the brain to start off making immediate increases, while keeping pattern in the top-down version. Besides bottom up I can start with a Professional Cast-On. Of course top-down I could finish with the Tubular Bind-Off, but I prefer working the PCO. So bottoms-up it is Mike. It won't take long. I consider a hat a 2 movie knit. Hmmmm. What shall I watch?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

glad to hear your windows finally arrived!
Peter