Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Kim's Birthday

Today is my darling, daughter-in-law's birthday. Her name is Kim and I would love to give you a picture of her. But since I haven't cleared it with her, perhaps I shouldn't.

Here are 10 reasons you bring joy to my life, Kim

You have a playful spirit which is a good foil to our son's serious nature.
You have no airs. You are who you are. I like that.
You like to watch and talk about movies with me.
You have a lip-smacking enjoyment of food. It's fun to cook for you.
You have a child-like sense of fun. Don't ever lose that.
You speak your mind. I really like that.
You speak French and make sure the Grand Kids do too.
You let me have the Grand Kids whenever I ask.
You like to play cards and board games.
You have an adventurous spirit and are willing to try new things - even those way outside your comfort zone.
You call me 'Mommy'.

Oops. That's 11. Well there you go. She's a pretty special person. More than a 10.
I am a lucky woman.

Happy Happy Birthday Kim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!! I've never really had anybody explain me before. Really cool and kind of a little embarassing at the same time.
I'm sorry I missed your call yesterday morning. I was in the shower! I waited 'till the kids went out for the bus and then I waited a little more. But then work was looming fast, so I had to have one! And then of course, you called. Figures! Charlie teases me...he says if I want someone to call I should go have a shower. Unfortunately, that's usually what happens!
Anyhow, my birthday turned out great! Work was great. I managed to get done all the work I haven't been able to do for the past week. Then I actually had time to clean and re-arrange some things that needed straightning out. It was a relatively nice day. Then picked up the kids and came home to my loving husband who came home early and cooked me supper and bought me a cake and all my family sang me happy birthday. I also received a lot of phone calls. My in-laws, my father, my mother and grandmother. Yuk-Sem called me too! I received multiple donations to my happiness as well. I am looking forward to taking my family out to see the new Dr. Seuss movie when it comes to town.
Other than that, we are getting our new van sometime next week I hope. They had to order it seeing as they had sold out of the model we wanted. I can't wait! I have hoped for a new van for a while now...It has been my birthday wish for 2 years now. So this year, it took me forever to blow out the candles, because I was already getting what I wanted for my birthday, so I gave my wish away to whoever needed it. I hope it works for someone. The kids were telling me to hurry up and blow them out because they were afraid that the cake would have too much wax on it!
After supper, Char went swimming, and the kids and did the school night routine. When Char came home, I watched the movie "Atonement"(and he dozed with me) on the couch. It is a good movie. Even Char was watching after a while, can you believe it...he was watching a chick flick!
Anyhow, I guess this is long enough now...
Brenda (aka Mummy),
THANK YOU!!!!!!
Love always,
Kimmy
oxoxoxox
p.s. Sarah thinks that you miscalculated your donation in my birthday card. My mom gives the kids in their birthday cards the amount of their age. So Sarah thinks you got my age wrong, which is perfectly fine with me!!! It was pretty funny actually, you should ask her about it this weekend when we call.
Talk to you soon!
Kim