Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's Deja Vu - All Over Again

Deja vu all over again. Who said that? Casey Stengel? Whoever said it, must have been at my house this morning.

Remember that Leftovers Vest? The one I thought I would 'sit&knit' while the Grand kids were here? Well, only after THEY LEFT, did I have time to knit.

The ribbing around the neck and armholes is done. And with a 'Tubular Bind Off' no less. Nice, but very time consuming. Then this morning I tried it on. I bet you can hear the doom & gloom music, can't you?

There it is one me. So far so good. The Tubular Bind Off looks great around the neck doesn't it? But what the picture doesn't show is that the vest is too long.



To-o-o-o Long.
The vest was this long. Which meant that it hit me at the widest point of my hips. With those horizontal stripes, it was not a pretty sight.

After a bit of trial and error, I decided it needed to be this long. Count 'em. That's 6 stripes shorter. Fortunately, I am known as the fearless knitter. I will cut and knit down. Need help with that? Leave me a comment and I will tell you how to do it.


So a few minutes later it looked like this.






That's where the deja vu part comes in. I remember backwards progress with little balls and tangles of yarn a couple of weeks ago. Am I having fun yet? Process or product? Isn't it possible to get a little bit of both?

No comments: